Monday, December 31, 2012

Bedshredder

Dionne has been sleeping a lot today, perhaps in preparation for going out with us tonight to celebrate the dawn of the New Year.  She still has a marked preference for curling up in her little fleecy bed.

As for me, I'm confused about the whole bed thing. Years ago (when we were maybe on our second pup), a very experienced puppy raiser firmly instructed Steve and me that it was a bad idea to provide the dogs with a bed. She said they didn't need them -- a drowsy pup will sleep anywhere. Moreover, she warned that we would actually be making it harder on our puppy when she or he went into the Oceanside center for advanced training. I think I may have ignored her advice, but then I found that my puppy ripped the bed apart.  Still when we had Darby (#4), I relented and paid about $25 for the little fleecy bed -- only to see her start to rip it up.

So we put it away. But after Dionne's forlorn first night, I got it out again.  Since then, Dionne has extracted a good deal of the cottony stuffing, which she chews on but doesn't appear to swallow. She clearly enjoys sleeping on the remnants. Maybe we'll take it away from her when she's a bit older.  Or maybe she'll spare us the trouble and just gradually make it disappear...
You may think it doesn't snow in Southern California.  But not from the look of Dionne's x-pen.


No comments:

Post a Comment