Friday, November 1, 2013

Family ties

One of those delightful surprises popped up in my inbox yesterday. It was a message from someone named Sandra who explained that she had run across my puppy blog while searching the web for the parents of the CCI pup she and her family are currently raising in New York -- Diesel III.  He's Dionne's brother! Sandra declared him to be a great puppy with a  lot of energy, and she attached a photo:

We think he looks amazingly like Dionne, something I said in response to Sandra.  "They do look remarkably alike," she said, adding that so also does their brother Dagger. Then she added that Diesel shares some other traits with our girl, including "eating poop, throwing up, and stealing things."

I have to say: this warmed our heart. Sounds like it's a family tradition! It made us feel a bit less alone. I could also understand why Sandra would want to find out more about the D gang's parents. I know nothing about them, but that's not unusual.  I don't remember much (if any) contact with the breeders of Tucker, Yuli, or Brando. On the other hand, Darby's breeder-caretakers were enthusiastically communicative. They even sent us an album of Darby's baby pictures. We love that. 


No comments:

Post a Comment